Saturday 20 August 2011

What do you want to be?

The normal thing occurs to us since we are little kids.
Back in primary school, when people asked me what my ambition was, I would say, without second thought, a doctor or an engineer.
Those jobs were the only works that existed in my dictionary.
I know none of other jobs.
As we grow up, the ambition was getting clear.
Say, during high school, when people asked me what I want to be, I would say, again, I want to be a doctor.
Because of my fondness towards science, I guess it affected my dream.
From there, my ambition started to change from time to time according to my liking.
However, as I was in the last year of my high school, I reckon I was matured a little bit in making decision.
My ambition was getting vivid that I can foresee what I wanted to be.



So here I am today, a future teacher in the making.
But before that, it was not easy part for me to decide to be here.
the road was bumpy and full of rage.
I guess no one would ever want to be in my shoe.
But those were the experiences that made me up today.
Sometimes, it was so difficult to answer what you want to be.
Somehow, one should never be asked what they wanted to be and what they wanted to do in their life.
Indeed, we can say whatever we wanted but then there came a time when we knew what we really wanted in our life.
Life was about finding yourself not creating yourself, anyway.
As we moved along the course of life, we would never get away from doing mistakes.
Mistakes made us strong and you know, life was about doing mistakes and correcting them.
It made us realised what we should do and should never do.
It showed us what was wrong and right.
And we did learn something then that was about never afraid to make mistakes for you own sake.

In life, we should sometimes get on the wrong train and choose the road not taken.
Of course, got stucked somewhere.
But to say positively, these are the ways to gain experience-the best teacher ever.
Experience could not be bought.
We needed to search for them. Try something new and be different are the steps to gain experience.
Then we would know how sweet and bitter it is.
Nevertheless, an experience was never a waste.
Also, to know what we really wanted to be, we need to be in other shoes.
Atticus in To Kill A mocking Bird said,"You never really knew a person until you stood in his shoes and walked around in them."
You have to know what the people felt and what the people do and how they are before making judgement.
We, human, are never good at judgmental.You may know who they are but you would never know what they had gone true.
There must be reasons why they were the way they were.

Upon saying this, back to the main clincher, never restrict yourself about what you want to be.
Open your mind and look around you.
The world is just big enough for you to discover. Never afraid to step forward and ahead.
Explore and venture every nook and corner of the world.
It is reachable. Appreciate yourself and world around you. 
Most importantly, just be who you are and what you want to be.

No comments: